Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SatB remasters...

SatB remasters...

Postby I. M. He » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:56 pm

The latest update from Steven Severin's new forum http://ub3.homepagetools.com/sseverin/:
"All of the Banshees albums will be remastered this year. The plan is to release in batches of 4/5 albums every 3 months. The first batch:- THE SCREAM to JU JU is being prepared now. Each album will include "bonus" tracks. The hold-up is due to "sourcing" these extra tracks. Obviously, material from the earlier days is the hardest to find and we want to get this right because once the ball is rolling - we don't want any delays. BLUE SUNSHINE will be in the second batch. I have found 3 instrumental tracks that Robert is listening to with the possibility of him adding a new vocal. Although pinning him down is proving nearly impossible. Nearly."

Excited? I sure am!

-mk-
I. M. He
Take On Me

Postby cubby » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:57 pm

I have been waiting a long time for these. Hopefully, they do a good job with them.
cubby
The Jet Set

Postby Ollie Stench » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:44 am

Hopefully JuJu will include the bonus 7" this time!
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby korova1 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:37 am

Awesome news, thanks for the info! WOW! The time has come... and the news about Robert Smith putting vocals to some of the Blue Sunshine extras is incredible... that is one of my faves of all time... Whooo!
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby skinnytie » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:49 pm

I've been holding off on buying the two albums I'm missing by them in hopes that the remasterings would become available soon. I'm really looking forward to them. The Cure remasters seems to be pulling a lot of stuff out of left field, hopefully these w
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby I. M. He » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:18 am

Oh yeah, we've been waiting a hell of a long time for these... and I just know they're going to be worth the wait! There's only a handful of bands that I've loved enough to buy the same album over and over again throughout the years, and Siouxsie and the
I. M. He
Take On Me

Postby I. M. He » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:44 am

more Banshees news from the new stevenseverin.com messageboard (I know this should be posted to the Music Videos forum, but I thought I'd keep it running along this thread...

"UNIVERSAL have passed (no surprise) so we are talking to SANCTUARY about the
I. M. He
Take On Me

Postby cubby » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:21 am

According to Steve, this is the schedule that he would like to see.

Here's how I would like it to happen and it is feasible:-
JUN - Scream (regular & deluxe)/Join Hands/Kaleidoscope/JuJu
SEP - Dreamhouse/Feast/Blue Sunshine/Nocturne
JAN - Hyaena/Tin
cubby
The Jet Set

Postby cubby » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:08 am

The latest news is that Steve is going into the Polydor studios the first week of April to remaster "The Scream" He says it will be a 2 cd "deluxe" version. Don't expect it at least until June. Hopefully, some of the odds and ends from that period, "Lo
cubby
The Jet Set

Postby I. M. He » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:39 pm

More updates from stevenseverin.com:

Date Posted: 13-04-2005
Well...that was nearly 2 months ago....and what has happened? Well, I went in last week and loaded up some extras for the Scream & Kscope but it's going at a snail's pace as usual. Behind t
I. M. He
Take On Me

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations