Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Re: Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Postby Thefxc2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:52 am

I received my copies of Trees and SPK as well...excellent work.

I have to say, I really liked the alternative versions of 'Come Back' and '11 AM' more than the album versions. The alt 'Come Back' wouldn't have worked on the album but it would have been interesting if that had been released as the 7" version. Also, I wonder if that longer version of 'Red Car' mentioned in the liner notes still exists?
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 am

Thefxc2 wrote:Also, I wonder if that longer version of 'Red Car' mentioned in the liner notes still exists?

It does, I have it. It was on one of the tapes Dane sent me for the extras. If I do a follow up release, I intended on asking Universal if we can include it, as well as an early rough mix of Gotta Moon from the album sessions.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Glen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Ordered mine this week!
Glen
Personal Jesus

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:22 am

I finally got the Trees CD. In a word... Wow. It was every inch the album that Trouser Press said that it was nearly 40 years ago. Possibly the last great technopop album before synthpop took over and things went all digital. Amazing songs, crammed with inventive hooks and appealing vocals. In all of these years I have never seen a copy of this on LP until crate digging in L.A. last summer; by which time I knew to hold off and get this CD, which was imminent. I will be buying more of these as gifts for friends - hell yeah.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm really happy you like it. It is a great undiscovered album. Although, you (and others) may also want to check the Obscure 80's Central forum here to find out the fate of the planned follow up, and to get your free gift!
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Fri May 03, 2019 12:23 am

Got both the Trees and Krisma cds. They're outstanding ! Thanks Scott. Krisma kinda reminds me of Mathématiques Modernes. Scott you should try and remaster their album Les Visiteurs Du Soir ‎from 1981. It's never been issued on cd before.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sat May 04, 2019 7:48 am

Great, I'm happy you enjoy them! One thing I've been doing, and it seems to be a fairly accurate representation of demand, is checking Discogs to see how many people have an album in their collection. If the number is pretty high, such as Visage and more recently Danielle Dax which had a very strong pre-order week with the added wider distribution, it's a pretty good indicator that sales will be more robust. Trees and Krisma are albums that I enjoyed and what I call the vanity releases because I didn't expect the demand to be very high. Though both of them have sold several hundred copies, they are the slower movers in my catalog. So I'm happy you grabbed them and appreciate them.

But I have had to use discretion recently. I did receive a deal memo for a CD reissue by Europeans, their album Vocabulary. They are best known for The Animal Song and Recognition. Unfortunately, the cost to me was very high, approaching $8 per unit. And with the limited amount of people having it listed in their collection on Discogs, I couldn't take the financial risk. But I did sign on for 4 other titles so hopefully those will please more fans.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby swerve » Sat May 04, 2019 10:46 am

It would be interesting ( although unfortunately no way of knowing ) what percentage of those who frequent Discogs bother to indicate whether they have the release or not. I have never indicated such but own Europeans and hundreds of others but I completely understand where you are coming from. Keep up the great work. :)
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby schwenko » Sat May 04, 2019 6:59 pm

Rubellan wrote:
But I have had to use discretion recently. I did receive a deal memo for a CD reissue by Europeans, their album Vocabulary. They are best known for The Animal Song and Recognition. Unfortunately, the cost to me was very high, approaching $8 per unit. And with the limited amount of people having it listed in their collection on Discogs, I couldn't take the financial risk. But I did sign on for 4 other titles so hopefully those will please more fans.

I'd buy it :D
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Sun May 05, 2019 9:02 pm

schwenko wrote:
Rubellan wrote:

I'd buy it :D

You have another buyer here.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Mon May 06, 2019 5:18 am

Ditto!!

...and I just ordered Trees and Krisma CDs - excited to hear them!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon May 06, 2019 7:07 pm

I haven't written off the Europeans release, I'm just not sure when I might want to push it through. I did just get their master tape list, 123 pages long. Seriously. But this also includes all sorts of 2" multitracks and many rough mixes, and a couple of unreleased songs. But then that would up the price even more. But it's nice to see all the LP and single masters are there.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby petersanwillied » Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 am

I agree with above details and want some information too
petersanwillied
Switchin' to Glide

Postby omar » Fri May 24, 2019 7:10 am

Rubellan wrote:I haven't written off the Europeans release, I'm just not sure when I might want to push it through. I did just get their master tape list, 123 pages long. Seriously. But this also includes all sorts of 2" multitracks and many rough mixes, and a couple of unreleased songs. But then that would up the price even more. But it's nice to see all the LP and single masters are there.

i think lot of us would want the Europeans album Scott. Even if the price is high many of us would pay to get a good product.
omar
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations