Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

"future retro"

"future retro"

Postby Josefk1969 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:58 pm

I finally found more info on this compilation. Future Retro is due for release by rhino records on July 19th. Tracks include New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle (Crystal Method), Echo and the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar (Way Out West), INXS - Need You Tonight (Static Revenger), Yazoo - Situation (Richard X), Howard Jones - New Song (Swayzak), DEVO - Girl U Want (Black Light Odyssey), The B-52S - Private Idaho (Scissor Sisters), Alphaville - Forever Young (Bill Hamel), Grandmaster Flash - White Lines (Elite Force), Book of Love - Boy (DJ Irene), Morrissey - Suedehead (Sparks), B-Movie - Nowhere Girl (Adam Freeland), The Cure - The Walk (Infusion). This is a tentative release list and may not be complete. The Crystal method is on their new mix cd but I believe the rest are all new and unreleased.
Josefk1969
Take On Me

Postby DavePlym » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:28 am

sounds good, i just hope they don't wreck the tracks - so often
'new' mixes destroy the original track beyond recognition and just leave a thudding (often near-vocal less)tuneless 7 minutes of crap.
p.s. richard x should be reliable to be good as he's a
DavePlym
Take On Me

Postby Alex Hush » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:07 am

There will be no Scissor Sisters mix of the B52's.

[quote]Originally posted by Josefk1969
[br]I finally found more info on this
Alex Hush
Personal Jesus

Postby devildog » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:33 pm

I do not understand this concept of new remixes of old tunes. If I want to hear the tune, I'd rather hear the original version, not some new interpreted version by some "dj" Lame, n'est-pas???
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby Alex Hush » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:45 am

Well in some cases an up-to-date remix can breathe new life into an older track. That way you get a fresh take on a classic so you get the best of both worlds. I do agree that a lot of the new mixes are shite, but some are very well done with the utmost c
Alex Hush
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:46 am

Alex is right on the nose. Just curious guys, who do you think will do a good job on here? I think Way Out West might be awesome, especially if they use the girl's vocals. I've never really been a big fan of Crystal Method so I really don't think they
Sean
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations