Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Tears For Fears - Seeds of Love Super Deluxe - tracklisting

Re: Tears For Fears - Seeds of Love Super Deluxe - tracklist

Postby humanracer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:33 am

Here is my review of the boxset:

Presentation - 5/5
The boxset is the most visually pleasing out of the 3. Nice design and the book seems very sturdy. Great booklet with lots of interesting interviews.

Mastering/Dynamics 2/5

The mastering on all discs is below average. Typical compressed remaster in most instances apart from a few tracks. Thankfully the best track on the box, Woman in Chains Reprise, has the most dynamics. Maybe more than a coincidence?

Content 3/5

Unlike the previous two boxsets, there are no major differences in the various mixes, demos and outtakes. They are different but just not to the same level as mixes from say The Hurting.

Some of the demos sound awful, as if there was tape damage. The demo for Famous Last Words is difficult to listen to. Roland's vocals are very bad on this. You can tell it was such a rough guide for the completed version.

The jam sessions are a great bonus but we should have had more of this or a live concert.

Here is my rating for the boxsets:
The Hurting 3/5
Songs From The Big Chair 4/5
Seeds of Love 2/5

I love the album and I am glad the box was made but it just weak in terms of sound and content compared to the previous two.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby discoginfo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:39 am

Where is the 12" (full length) version of the main (?) track Sowing the Seeds of Love?
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:16 am

discoginfo wrote:Where is the 12" (full length) version of the main (?) track Sowing the Seeds of Love?

It seems that it is included:

CD3-3 Sowing The Seeds Of Love (Alternate Mix)

I've listened to that track and, to my ears, it's the same version as the Full Length Version from 1989. They could
have mentioned it, or rename that track to it's original name.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Glenn » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:28 am

Regarding the 12" version of Sowing The Seeds of Love:

According to Paul at SDE (who helped compile the box set) the version on the new box set is a similar edit. Here is the Q&A on that from the comments of his announcement about the box finally being released:

Q: Sounds like the STSOL 7:22 version could serve as a worthy substitute for the absent 6:48 version (AKA ‘Full Version’ / ‘Wen’s Overnight Mix’).
A (Paul Sinclair): I vaguely recall that that was our thinking. It’s very similar to the original just with no fade out at all.

Link: https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news ... n-october/
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby humanracer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:04 am

ZippY wrote:
discoginfo wrote:Where is the 12" (full length) version of the main (?) track Sowing the Seeds of Love?

It seems that it is included:

CD3-3 Sowing The Seeds Of Love (Alternate Mix)

I've listened to that track and, to my ears, it's the same version as the Full Length Version from 1989. They could
have mentioned it, or rename that track to it's original name.

The “full” version has a guitar solo that the alternative mix doesn’t so it’s a different mix.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Got the 2 cd version today. It sounds pretty good to me. I still have the 1999 remaster as well.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:20 am

The Tears for Fears Seeds of Love Super Deluxe box set had been out of print for a while but Universal recently issued more copies. You can find them now at the retail price on several sites (AMZ.fr, JPC.de, and from 3rd party sellers on AMZ). Suggest you grab one now if you are interested as this is bound to go back out of print soon.
Glenn
Take On Me

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations