Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

David Bowie "Something in The Air (Live Paris 99)"

David Bowie "Something in The Air (Live Paris 99)"

Postby Glenn » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:32 am

5th and final Brilliant Live Adventures release was made available today. Vinyl sold out. CD already sold out on Bowie stores but Rhino has the CD as of now. Going fast.

https://store.rhino.com/artist/david-bowie.html
Glenn
Take On Me

Re: David Bowie "Something in The Air (Live Paris 99)"

Postby Glenn » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:39 am

Released 3/12/21

The 15-track live album, features 12 previously unissued recordings (outside of streaming) and three tracks used as B-sides for singles from the ‘hours…’ album. The day of the show was a momentous one for Bowie, as that afternoon he was awarded the Commandeurs of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, the highest artistic honour that France can bestow.

The Elysee Montmartre performance was one of only seven full shows performed during the promotion of the ‘hours…’ album. For this special limited run of gigs Bowie dug deep into his back catalogue making these shows particularly memorable. Standout tracks include ‘Can’t Help Thinking About Me’ first released in 1966 and not performed live in over 30 years, 'Word On A Wing' from Station To Station was reinstated into the set after an absence of 23 years, 'Drive-In Saturday' had not been performed since 1974, and ‘hours…’ track 'Something In The Air' made it’s live debut at this performance.

The album was recorded live at the Elysée Monmartre, mixed by Mark Plati, and features Page Hamilton - guitar, Gail Ann Dorsey - bass, vocals, Mark Plati – guitar, Sterling Campbell – drums, Mike Garson – piano, keyboards, synthesisers and Emm Gryner and Holly Palmer –backing vocals.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby Glenn » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Now sold out
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby FanFan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Weird development, since (as noted in passing above) the Rhino press release was sent out on Feb. 26 announcing that the CD and LP would be available March 12 — "available only via the David Bowie official store and Rhino.com."
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby dlgladwin » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:48 am

Glenn wrote:5th and final Brilliant Live Adventures release...

5th and penultimate. The 6th is to follow.
-----------------
Read what I'm writing?
dlgladwin
Take On Me

Postby Glenn » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:06 am

You are right, there are going to be 6. Bad memory of the initial announcement.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby jaybag » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Ok that's annoying. I got an e-mail announcing the CD coming out but when I clicked on it they didn't list the CD for sale - only apparel. Figured maybe I was too early. Had no idea the EU store and the Rhino shop had it, and of course it's now sold out. The US Bowie store STILL doesn't have it listed.
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations