Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

OMD - Architecture & Morality: The Singles

Re: OMD - Architecture & Morality: The Singles

Postby Buzzcox » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:59 pm

I'm hoping any of the Crush era singles will receive a long-awaited reissue. If any one has news on this, I'm all ears and eyes and fingers.
Buzzcox
Running Up That Hill

Postby Glenn » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:48 pm

No doubt. Junk Culture was reissued in 2015. Hoping they do the next two albums and include all the released b-sides and remixes (unedited) before adding any other demo/live/etc. material.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:10 am

As a huge OMD fan, I am fine if we never get another set of reissues. "Crush" and "Pacific Age" were weak tea for this listener, and even then, they were better than what followed with Andy only [apart from "Universal," which was an uptick]. I have all of the singles from this period and would prefer not to buy them again. What i would not mind seeing is a SDLX "History of Modern" that collected all of those hard to get mixes as bonus material.There was so much material that was DL only. Or on the Greek wax sealed box!
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:29 pm

postpunkmonk wrote:I have all of the singles from this period and would prefer not to buy them again.

Then don't. Just because they release them doesn't mean you have to buy them. I'm not buying the Mode 101 boxset because it's a ripoff (at current prices). I'm not buying the standalone BD, either, at current prices because I'm not going to enjoy it in HD any more than I already have. You have to get yourself out of the habit of buying every reissue of old favourites. That whiner, Morrissey, even sang about it years ago.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:36 am

obs wrote:
postpunkmonk wrote:I have all of the singles from this period and would prefer not to buy them again.

Then don't. Just because they release them doesn't mean you have to buy them. I'm not buying the Mode 101 boxset because it's a ripoff (at current prices). I'm not buying the standalone BD, either, at current prices because I'm not going to enjoy it in HD any more than I already have. You have to get yourself out of the habit of buying every reissue of old favourites. That whiner, Morrissey, even sang about it years ago.

Well, if they also salt the reissue with something previously unreleased, and it's a band I collect, then the impetus is there. But even I pick and choose. I will never own more than one copy of Ultravox's "U-Vox," for example, no matter how much unreleased material they might include! "Crush" and "Pacific Age" are still miles better than that one, but I would probably miss and reissues.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations