Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New OMD Album

New OMD Album

Postby WLR » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:14 am

OMD are to release their new album "Bauhaus Staircase" on October 27th, I listened to the new single of the same name and I must admit I am underwhelmed by it....

Anyway here is the track listing and also a link to the various bundles on offer for the album.

Bauhaus Staircase track listing:

01. Bauhaus Staircase
02. Anthropocene
03. Look At You Now
04. G.E.M.
05. Where We Started
06. Veruschka
07. Slow Train
08. Don’t Go
09. Kleptocracy
10. Aphrodite’s Favorite Child
11. Evolution of Species
12. Healing

Bundles on offer:

https://omd.uk.com/
WLR
The Jet Set

Re: New OMD Album

Postby zembrokal974 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:22 pm

I agree. Hope that the other 11 songs will be much listenable. This one sounds like a song from a band who had nothing more to say, a real bullshit.
zembrokal974
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Last Film Star » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:29 pm

I like it. Sounds like something OMD would record 43 years after their first album.
Last Film Star
Take On Me

Postby fixion » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:23 am

I really like the single! And the video is great!
fixion
Running Up That Hill

Postby Aevion93 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:31 am

Love the single and video, can't wait for the album.

Sadly though Andy hinted it could be their last one.
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby Uvox » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:42 am

wow, what a good album!!!!!
a great synth pop release, you do not see that often from bands 40+ years old))
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby chris74 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:14 pm

You can download a digital deluxe album for approx. 6 pounds until Tuesday midnight:

1 - Bauhaus Staircase
2 - Anthropocene
3 - Look At You Now
4 - G.E.M.
5 - Where We Started
6 - Veruschka
7 - Slow Train
8 - Don't Go
9 - Kleptocracy
10 - Aphrodite's Favourite Child
11 - Evolution Of Species
12 - Healing
13 - The Rock Drill
14 - Tomorrow Is Today
15 - Silver Cloud (La Düsseldorf Cover)
16 - Bauhaus Staircase (12" Extended Mix)
17 - Bauhaus Staircase (Stealing Sheep Remix)
18 - Bauhaus Staircase (Instrumental)
19 - Anthropocene (Instrumental)
20 - Look At You Now (Instrumental)
21 - G.E.M. (Instrumental)
22 - Where We Started (Instrumental)
23 - Veruschka (Instrumental)
24 - Slow Train (Instrumental)
25 - Don't Go (Instrumental)
26 - Kleptocracy (Instrumental)
27 - Aphrodite's Favourite Child (Instrumental)
28 - Evolution Of Species (Instrumental)
29 - Healing (Instrumental)

If I remember their mail correctly the b-sides will be available on physical releases soon. But if you like to have the instrumental album for six pounds: then go for it.
chris74
Take On Me

Postby moni » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:35 am

You can get it for £5 if you are on their mailing list. I am still waiting for the double CD i bought from their store and it was supposed to have been sent last Wednesday.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:54 am

Finally just picked this up here in the USA. Wow, I am just so impressed ONCE AGAIN. Love, love love it!

I was a casual fan from "Crush" through "Liberator" and then grew to appreciate their catalog more in the early 2000's. Since their return with "History Of Modern", I have completely LOVED each of their 4 new albums! They easily and comfortably sit among the top tier of my favorite OMD albums. That's quite impressive 40+yrs after they're first release!

The songs are all classic OMD, but there's a nice varied mix of tone and style. Even the bits that feel "familiar" are accompanied by unexpected twists and turns.

Out of curiosity, I compared "Don't Go" with the version on "Souvenir" and it is definitely NOT the same. Differences are subtle, but the "Bauhaus Staircase" sounds more "finished". The kick drum especially stands out. On "Souvenir" it's almost annoying. It sounds like a polished demo compared to the new mix.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Glenn » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:37 pm

Interesing re 'Don't Go'. I really like that track but was disappointed they didn't release a CD single when it first came out with extended versions etc.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby chris74 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:01 am

Fred Taghon wrote:Finally just picked this up here in the USA. Wow, I am just so impressed ONCE AGAIN. Love, love love it!

I was a casual fan from "Crush" through "Liberator" and then grew to appreciate their catalog more in the early 2000's. Since their return with "History Of Modern", I have completely LOVED each of their 4 new albums! They easily and comfortably sit among the top tier of my favorite OMD albums. That's quite impressive 40+yrs after they're first release!

So do I. Acutally I only have a handful of their albums. I think it is quite an achievement for an artist to gain new fans after almost three decades
chris74
Take On Me

Postby WLR » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:16 am

It is a fabulous album aside from "Bauhaus Staircase", how that was chosen as the first single I don't know, I still cannot bear to listen to "Slow Train" and on my playlist that has been replaced with the B side "Tomorrow Is Today" (should have been on the main album).

It is varied and has so many fantastic tracks such as, "Anthropocene", "Veruschka", "Kleptocracy", "Aphrodite's Favourite Child", to sum up, for me, it is one of their best ever albums.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:34 pm

I agree! Also tend to agree on the title track. It's so far from the best track on the album and was an odd choice as a single. "Kleptocracy" and "Aphrodite's Favorite Child" are my current favorites.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations