Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Yello remasters on 12 September, finally!

Yello remasters on 12 September, finally!

Postby Lazlo Nibble » Sun May 08, 2005 8:10 am

Just got this from Jonas Warstead via the Yello list. Excellent news -- I'd buy them even without the bonus tracks, just because the first few albums were mastered sooo long ago, they're some of the earliest CDs I own and deserve to sound much much better.

=== snip ===

Hello! I phoned Yello Office today, and was told that the preliminary release date for the six remastered CDs is 12th September.

They have not, of course, been manufactured yet, but Yello have decided which tracks will be added as extra tracks, after the original album tracks. I did send Yello a complete list of "rare" tracks for each album, tracks that fans would want (or even expect) as extra tracks, but not all of them were included, simply becayse Yello didn't think they were good enough, or, in a few cases, because they could not find the master tape or it was not in good enough condition. While these extra tracks MAY change before the CDs will be manufactured, it's not very likely, so I will list them here for you now.

SOLID PLEASURE - extra tracks:
15. Thrill Wave (from German soundtrack LP Jetzt und Alles, 1981)
16. I.T. Splash (Yello's first single, 1979)
17. Glue Head (B-side to I.T. Splash)
18. Smirak's Train (from German soundtrack LP Jetzt und Alles, 1981)
19. Bostich (12" mix, 1981)

CLARO QUE SI - extra tracks:
11. Tub Dub (from THE NEW MIX IN ONE GO, 1986)
12. She's Got a Gun (live at Palladium 1985) (B-side Goldrush, 1986)
13. Daily Disco (THE NEW MIX IN ONE GO mix, 1986)
14. The Evening's Young (THE NEW MIX IN ONE GO mix, 1986)
15. Pinball Cha Cha (UK 12" mix, 1982)
16. Desire for Desire (B-side German 12" You Gotta Say Yes.., 1983)

YOU GOTTA SAY YES TO ANOTHER EXCESS - extra tracks:
12. Base for Alec (originally B-side UK Lost Again single, 1983)
13. Rubber West (B-side I Love You, 1983)
14. You Gotta Say Yes... (special UK promo 12" version, 1983)
15. Live at the Roxy, New York, Dec. 1983 (edited 3.54 version)
16. Pumping Velvet (12" mix)
17. I Love You (12" mix) (shortened by Boris to 5.40)

STELLA - extra tracks:
12. Blue Nabou (B-side Vicious Games, 1985)
13. Oh Yeah (Indian Summer version) (B-side 12" Desire, 1985)
14. Desire (12" mix)
15. Vicious Games (12" mix)

ONE SECOND - extra tracks:
12. Goldrush II (12" mix, 1986)
13. Rhythm Divine (1992 "Essential" version)
14. Call It Love (12" mix, 1987)
15. Life Is a Snowball (from SNOWBALL promo CD, 1987)
16. Tool in Rose (B-side 12" Rhythm Divine, 1987)

FLAG - extra tracks:
10. The Race (Break Light Mix) (from "Eccentrix", 1999)
11. Wall Street Bongo (B-side Tied Up, 1988)
12. The Race (12" mix, 1988)

Best regards/Jonas W
Lazlo Nibble
Take On Me

Postby devildog » Sun May 08, 2005 11:53 am

Oh my gosh... I was just musing a few weeks ago if the Yello catalogue would be remastered!!! Wow! this is excellent news. I cannot wiat for these[:p][:p] Thanks, Lazlo, for the news.[:D][:D]
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Mon May 09, 2005 1:38 am

It's about time!!! I can't wait for these. The bonus tracks look great...the only other thing I would like to see is the single mix of "I Love You." And, of course...a DVD of their videos! I have a VHS from Canada, but I want more! SACD or DVD-Audio versions of these albums in 5.1 would be even better!
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby yipyipcoyote » Mon May 09, 2005 5:14 am

Thanks Lazlo for the great news! This has taken so long. And bonus tracks too.. Do you think [i]15. Vicious Games (12" mix)[/i] is the first 12" or the "vicious remix"? I would love to see 12" versions of 'Lost Again' and 'No More Words' too.

[i]17. I Love You (12" mix) (shortened by Boris to 5.40)[/i] I can understand why this is, since a lot of people complained about it being too noisy and self-indulgent. But that is exactly why I like it so much [:p]
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby korova1 » Mon May 09, 2005 11:49 am

That is AWESOME! Thanks for the post... This is what makes collecting stuff enjoyable. Nice to find that the labels are getting the point with stuff... I own the first three and have for 15 years and they really needed to be remastered much louder. Very, Very cool... some of the b-sides I haven't even heard! This along with the Neubauten "Halber Mensch" DVD in the works makes my day...
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby yipyipcoyote » Mon May 16, 2005 10:36 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by korova1[/i]
<br>This along with the Neubauten "Halber Mensch" DVD in the works makes my day...[/quote]Do tell us if it is any good. Please.. [;)]
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby Oslo » Tue May 24, 2005 6:10 am

Halber Mensch DVD
Stevo (Some Bizarre) is releasing, without permission from the band, a DVD of this film by Sogo Ishii.
His release is under the Cherry Red label in Europe, and apparently in the US by Music Video Distributors (according to Amazon.com).
We have produced our own version of the DVD, which is currently available on the 25th Anniversary Tour -- this DVD can be distinguished by the fact that the angel on the cover is silver, it is clearly labeled as the 25th Anniversary Tour Edition on the front, and there is a reference to www.neubauten.org on the back. Also: our version is region free.
We are in the process of making a future edition available to the wider public; more details will be available via this site as soon as we have them.
Please, if you are concerned about the wishes and welfare of the band, do NOT buy Stevo's version.
Oslo
Take On Me

Postby yipyipcoyote » Tue May 24, 2005 8:30 am

Thanks Oslo for this intriguing info (and sorry for hijacking this yello thread [:p]

Just like any average consumer, my decision will be based on two criteria : price and quality (but not necessarily in that priority)

If the band has the original master of the film with superior sound and picture, I probably wouldn't mind paying a little more [:)]

btw is this a live footage film? and isn't the Cherry Red DVD region-free too?
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby korova1 » Tue May 24, 2005 11:58 pm

HALBER MENSCH DVD

Sorry for hijacking this thread even further.... now I don't know if I should wait or not!

The same thing happened with the Thirsty ear Neubauten releases. None of them had extra tracks, but they sounded pretty decent, almost as if they were from original tapes...so I bought them. Then Neubauten said they were going to release the stuff from the original master tapes with bonus tracks. The band's versions had extra tracks and the albums themselves sounded incredible, but some of the bonus tracks--like the track from "Smack My Crack" were taken directly off vinyl! Now this may make sense to some (getting a rare track out there for the fans), but Smack My Crack was available for years on CD so they obviously had better versions to use!!!!

So I am betting the US Music Video version will be OK quality, I have the Fall DVD, the Cramps DVD and the Cabs stuff on DVD... but on the flipside the band's version may not be much better... I will just get them in the order I find them and whichever costs less... I still have my VHS of HM and it looks great!!! I know I am getting ahead of myself (since I haven't seen it yet) but if it was Bruce Springsteen it would be in Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound with Easter Eggs and bonus music videos from the time! It's a shame that Neubauten's stuff almost seems like Stevo is bootlegging it, but in reality this IS a German underground-underground band, but I think Halber Mensch is one of the most interesting band videos ever made and it deserves to be treated as such!
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby yipyipcoyote » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:27 pm

OK back on topic. Apparently the release date for the remasters has been pushed back to 5 October. A 12-track promo (two tracks from each album) has also been released :

1 Bostich 2:11
2 I.T. Splash 2:35
3 Pinball Cha Cha 3:37
4 The Evening’s Young (1985 version) 3:11
5 Lost Again 4:18
6 You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess (UK promo 12” version) 4:44
7 Oh Yeah 3:05
8 Vicious Games (12” mix) 6:00 (?)
9 Goldrush 4:19
10 The Rhythm Divine (1992 version) 4:21
11 Otto Di Catania 3:22
12 The Race (12” mix) 13:24

I was hoping there would be some indication of which Vicious Games 12" version they would use. The original 12" was ~6.45 and the vicious remix 7.00. So either 6.00 is a typo or it has been edited. Hmmm.

Either way, having the albums remastered is good enough for a lot of us. I will definitely buy some if not all of them.
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby bruiser » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:05 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Oslo[/i]
Please, if you are concerned about the wishes and welfare of the band, do NOT buy Stevo's version.
[/quote]

you said a mouthful there. stevo is a turd.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations