Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

When Is Adam Ant's Persuasion Coming To CD?

When Is Adam Ant's Persuasion Coming To CD?

Postby newwavepopman » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:59 pm

Has anyone any idea of when some label is going to release Adam Ant's one and only album that has never seen the light of day to CD Persuasion? It is way overdue,and for a New Wave artist that was always in the mainstream someone should have capitolized on this and made sure that it was released.Every other Ant release has made it onto CD except for Persusaion.

Is there a reason why it has been held up for so long? And can we ever see this be released soon or at least in the very near future? Thanks.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Back when One Way Records was still in business (and when I was working at Universal), I was able to interest that label in issuing this album on CD. We did all of the research and they were excited about the project, but after a lot of searching, we just couldn't find the masters. I think we found about 4 of the tracks but that was it. Since this was just a small reissue label looking to do the release, and something that was going to sell only a few thousand units (projected), it never got past this phase. It's possible that the tapes are somewhere in the UK, or perhaps Marco Pironni has them, but as it stands I don't think we'll see a US reissue in the near future. Since I am no longer at that label, there is nothing I can do. (It wasn't really my job to do so when I was there, but I had a good relationship with the One Way guys, and I was frequently utilized for my '80s knowledge.)
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Klaus Von Konrad » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:12 am

I saw someone on EBay selling the bootleg of this album about a year ago so some people have it. You can probalby find a copy if you look hard enough.
Klaus Von Konrad
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations