Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Kate Bush cd

New Kate Bush cd

Postby Alex Hush » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:12 am

The double album entitled 'Aerial' will be released worldwide on November 7th (November 8th in USA).

The first single 'King Of The Mountain' precedes the album on October 24th.

Both the single and album are produced by Kate Bush.

N-joi ;)
Alex Hush
Personal Jesus

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:17 am

Thanks, Alex. I'm keeping Kate at an arm's length because of her last two albums. But, knowing me, I'll end up buying it hot off the press like the big ol' sheep that I am.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby bruiser » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:00 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>Thanks, Alex. I'm keeping Kate at an arm's length because of her last two albums. But, knowing me, I'll end up buying it hot off the press like the big ol' sheep that I am.
[/quote]

"the sensual world"?

oh, surely you aren't serious. "the red shoes" i'll give you. but "sensual world"?!! REALLY? are you sure? i'd go listen again.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:12 pm

I wasn't crazy about The Sensual World. It didn't have the stamina which The Dreaming and The Hounds of Love had. If anything, it seemed to me that The Sensual World was done without her having been there.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby bruiser » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:57 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>I wasn't crazy about The Sensual World. It didn't have the stamina which The Dreaming and The Hounds of Love had. If anything, it seemed to me that The Sensual World was done without her having been there.
[/quote]

i don't agree, but i understand your point. i feel that way to some extent about "red shoes"- there are some real gems there, but the production is so plastic and studio-noodly. and that prince song... ugh. "hounds" and "the dreaming" are masterpieces, straight up. nothing she does will ever be as good. but i'm hoping that since this new album is a double cd that we will have plenty to choose from. the only minus, for me, is that she executive produced. maybe a new engineer has steered her in a different direction.

p.s. give "rocket's tail" from the sensual world another listen. oh, and "woman's work"- and "love and anger"... but rocket's tail is pure freaky kate.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby geoffolehane » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:38 am

I'm looking forward to it.
geoffolehane
The Jet Set

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:50 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by bruiser[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>I wasn't crazy about The Sensual World. It didn't have the stamina which The Dreaming and The Hounds of Love had. If anything, it seemed to me that The Sensual World was done without her having been there.
[/quote]

i don't agree, but i understand your point. i feel that way to some extent about "red shoes"- there are some real gems there, but the production is so plastic and studio-noodly. and that prince song... ugh. "hounds" and "the dreaming" are masterpieces, straight up. nothing she does will ever be as good. but i'm hoping that since this new album is a double cd that we will have plenty to choose from. the only minus, for me, is that she executive produced. maybe a new engineer has steered her in a different direction.

p.s. give "rocket's tail" from the sensual world another listen. oh, and "woman's work"- and "love and anger"... but rocket's tail is pure freaky kate.
[/quote]

Oh, you're right about "This Woman's Work." That was the best thing she has done on that album--and since.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:10 am

schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby madman » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:51 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>nice article:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/musi ... 309691.ece
[/quote]

Finally! I'd given up hope of a new album from Kate. And it's going to be a double one, no less! Can't wait for November.
madman
Take On Me

Postby katefan4 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:43 am

I can hardly wait! The Japanese release will actually be on my Birthday.

Jeff
katefan4
Running Up That Hill

Postby UniversalRadio » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:37 am

www.katebush.com will be up and running at the same time. There is a King of the Mountain pic on there now that I wonder if it was drawn by her son Bertie...

And I disagree with all of you I think The Red Shoes is one of her best albums! The Sensual World is my least fave but I love everything she's done, save for her cover of Candle in the Wind. Gag!

Actually I don't think there is going to be that much to choose from. I heard a rumor that disc one only has 7 songs on it and disc 2 is one long piece.
UniversalRadio
Room at the Top

Postby katefan4 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:43 am

I actually love "The Red Shoes," too, but remember being disappointed when it first came out, as I've heard Kate was herself. Listening to it a decade later, I think it's beautiful and has some terrific work by Kate-I love "Big Stripey Lie." (there are some other albums from that same period by people I love that I feel the same way about now though I was disappointed at the time). I still love "The Sensual World," too. My special favs are still "The Dreaming" "Hounds of Love." But, honestly, it's hard for me to be partial-I actually love all of her albums & her music is still so special to me.

Jeff
katefan4
Running Up That Hill

Postby UniversalRadio » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:54 pm

I am the only Kate fan I know that fell in love with "The Red Shoes" on my first listen. And I know a lot of Kate fans!
UniversalRadio
Room at the Top

Postby ekahob » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:37 pm

ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby marie3 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:56 pm

Thanks for the link ekahob. [:)]
marie3
Der Kommissar

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations