Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Radio Felician University FLASHBACK WEEKEND & SATURDAY NIGHT

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Radio Felician University FLASHBACK WEEKEND & SATURDAY NIGHT

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:14 pm

Back by popular demand - Radio Felician University is having another FLASHBACK WEEKEND!! Friday, March 4th - Sunday, March 6th!!

We're digging deep and playing all 80's New Wave, Alternative, & some early 90's Modern Rock.

The FLASHBACK WEEKEND starts FRIDAY, MARCH 4th @ 5 P.M. Eastern and ALL WEEKEND!! - NON-STOP - NO COMMERCIALS - just all your favorite 80's New Wave & early 90's Modern Rock -- All the big hits and LOTS of songs you won't hear on other radio stations! We might even sneak in a few alternative gems from the late 70's :-)

If you enjoyed listening to WLIR, WDRE, KROQ, and WHTG, you'll really enjoy our FLASHBACK WEEKEND and FLASHBACK SATURDAY NIGHT (6 p.m. - 2 a.m. Eastern).

Programmed by former WLIR staffers, Radio Felician University strives to keep True Alternative Music alive -- past and present.

Spread the word! Tell your friends! The 80's are alive and well on Radio Felician University - The Falcon!

Check it out! Link is below:

http://edge.mixlr.com/channel/oozbc

And, don't forget FLASHBACK SATURDAY NIGHT - EVERY Saturday Night 6 p.m.- 2 a.m. Eastern for 8 Hours of 80's New Wave & 90's Modern Rock Non-Stop EVERY WEEKEND!!
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Re: Radio Felician University FLASHBACK WEEKEND & SATURDAY N

Postby wasproxy » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:22 pm

Hey SASOTV - when is Radio Felician doing the next Flashback Weekend? Hasn't been one in way too long!

Cheers & Happy New Year
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:05 am

Hi Wasproxy - Happy New Year! We just had a Nothing But The 90’s Weekend for New Year’s Weekend. No 80’s Weekend planned at this time…we’ll keep it in mind, but we always have Flashback Saturday Night 6pm-2am Eastern EVERY Saturday night for 80’s New Wave & 90’s Modern Rock. If you have any requests, please post them here. Thanks for your support.
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Postby wasproxy » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:38 pm

Thanks SASOTV !!! I did indeed listen to some of the Nothing But the 90s … was nice. But as the Flashback Saturday Night intro says and we all know - the 80s are “the greatest music ever made”! I religiously listen to FSN every week and it is great, appreciate you folks keeping it rolling!!!
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:50 am

Thanks for listening each week!

Flashback Saturday Night is HERE TO STAY!!! :D It’s our favorite show!

Would be happy to play some requests for you if you have them. Will also consider another retro 80’s weekend at some point.

Please be sure to check out our website www.radiofelician.com, as we have more ways to listen to The Falcon including our app and other new streaming platforms coming soon…
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Postby wasproxy » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:56 pm

Thanks so much SASOTV - I’ve been listening on the TuneIn radio app, which I find to be much better than Mixlr. Think you could work in B-Movie ‘Nowhere Girl’ sometime this week or next ? Probably my fave 80s tune ! Cheers !
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Yes sir! We’ll even play the 12” Version of B-Movie :D :D

The app is a lot more stable than Mixlr. It’s easier right now to post your requests in Mixlr chat. We are working on a BETTER way to request songs. Stay tuned…

And, thanks for your continued support!
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Postby wasproxy » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:17 pm

LOL the 12” is the best and I hear it right now ! THanks so much!
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:46 pm

Excellent! I’m Chris, by the way, the Program Director of the station. I put the playlists together every week. Ed is our Station Manager and is also a big fan of current and classic alternative. Anytime you have a request or a suggestion, please let me know. I’d be more than happy to play some songs for you. Also, you can rate the music at radiofelician.com. Tell some friends, so we can grow our radio station even more in 2023!

Thanks again!!
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Postby wasproxy » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:30 am

Chris, I'm Wayne and really appreciate all the hard work of you & the RFU crew. I was a DJ on my college radio in the Big 80s so can relate how under-appreciated the efforts are :) I think your folks have really captured the spirit of the old WLIR/WDRE from the 80s, as well as WHTG in the 90s. (a little know station in NJ where Matt Pinfield got his start). Great show last night, will get you a request or two for next week. I've downloaded the Radio Felician app onto my iPad and am ready to go. Can't wait for a chat function to be added!
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:36 pm

Hi Wayne! Feel free to post some requests tonight for Flashback Saturday Night. I’ll try to check during the show :D
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Postby wasproxy » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:28 pm

Cheers Chris - here's a few - if they aren't in the library or don't fit the groove tonight no worries :)

China - Red Rockers
Love Missile F1-11 - Sigue Sigue Sputnik
Doot Doot - Freur
Understanding Jane - Icicle Works

Many thanks!
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi Wayne - They fit the groove! I’ve got some of those coming up for you. Enjoy the show! Where are you listening to us by the way? Feel free to give us thumbs up on the songs we play at www.radiofelician.com on our record recap feature.
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Postby wasproxy » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:24 pm

20 minutes in and two played already! Thanks Chris! I am on the app on my iPad but will get over to the web site for a thumbs up :) THANKS!
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby sunalwaysshinesontv » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:29 pm

You’re welcome! Red Rockers coming up in a few :)
sunalwaysshinesontv
Switchin' to Glide

Next

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions