Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

RIP Paul Humphrey of Blue Peter

RIP Paul Humphrey of Blue Peter

Postby Danielwaver » Sun May 02, 2021 12:09 am

Paul Humphrey, frontman of Canadian ‘80s band Blue Peter, died Sunday after a long battle with a rare neurological disorder. He was 61.

“What a ride we had,” wrote bandmate Chris Wardman. “Recording, radio airplay, sharing stages with our favourite bands, videos, success beyond our wildest dreams and then, decades later, joyous reunion shows.

"Paul always pushed me to play better, write stronger songs, embrace fashion and to put on a show. He was a unique talent, a great dancer and an amazing front person for Blue Peter’s musical aspirations."

Wardman added: “I will miss his voice, his humour, his warmth, his friendship and his fearlessness.”

Singer Steven Page and the band Lowest of the Low are among those paying tribute to Humphrey on social media. Singer Emm Gryner tweeted: “He was a legend and the loveliest man … His voice and his beautiful spirit will always live on.”

Blue Peter released two EPs and two albums between 1979 and 1983 and had success with tracks like “Radio Silence” and “Don’t Walk Past.” The group opened shows for acts like the Police, Simple Minds and the Boomtown Rats.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Re: RIP Paul Humphrey of Blue Peter

Postby AJWAVE » Sun May 02, 2021 10:55 am

Sad about this. Blue Peter is a favourite of mine.
RIP Paul :|
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby xymox970 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:47 pm

"All Your Time" is one of my favorite tracks of 1983.

RIP
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 am

Blue Peter were an under-appreciated band. I saw the video for "Don't Walk Past" once on MTV and it stuck with me, though I never saw any records in Florida. Many years later, I bought the CD that was finally released of "The Falling" and enjoyed it, also enjoying the unreleased follow up album included on that CD. I needed to get more Blue Peter CDs but they are still rare birds in America. A shame that he died so young. I thought he had a lot vocally in common with Marian Gold of Alphaville.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Qbertqubes » Mon May 03, 2021 6:18 am

very sad..I am a huge fan of Blue Peter.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Gazebo Music » Mon May 03, 2021 7:01 am

A sad day for the New Wave community indeed! I had the pleasure of meeting Paul on a few occasions at CFNY reunion events and in concert. He was the most humble down to earth person you could ever imagine! "Don't Walk Past", "All Your Time", "Unchained Heart" and so many more will always be a part of my childhood!

R.I.P. Paul Humphrey (Blue Peter)
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby AJWAVE » Thu May 20, 2021 5:44 am

At least the music still lingers. Everything Blue Peter did is now available on Deezer, Spotify or Itunes.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations